Friday, August 13, 2010

Rose, I am in love!



Welcome back to yet another post of mine. Thanks for all your encouragement and for continuously following my blog. I was really surprised to meet a friend of mine after quite a few years, adding to my surprise the first thing he enquired was about my blog and not me. He enquired in a loud voice “Buddy, how’s your new post coming up? Your blog is really good”, he has been following my blog for quite some time when he was at an onsite assignment in the US. Just a small note of appreciation from him made the rest of my day! And yes what everyone of us need is that small little appreciation that keeps us going, drives things without boredom and makes our lives cheerful and interesting both personally and professionally.
So I start by thanking my friend for being the driving force to write this post. Any credits should go to him and the blame to me. Don’t forget to point out my mistakes or oppose my point of view, you are always welcome to comment, be it of any sign (positive or negative). After working late the night before, I was well asleep in the morning until my mobile phone alarm started singing, I got up after snoozing it for the fifth time wondering if had mistakenly reduced the snooze time to one minute, but no it was the same five minutes that I had previously set. Well I guess Einstein’s theory of relativity applies to our sleep as well, five minutes of sleep looks less than a minute while asleep and the reverse is true when you are waiting in a traffic signal.
I got out of bed and came out to the balcony to get some fresh air and noticed a small rose plant in a clay flower pot in the balcony, a beautiful little rose has blossomed in it. Noticing it, all the drowsiness in me disappeared in a moment; this small flower gave me a refreshing feeling. I enquired my Mom about the new plant and she said that she had bought it that morning. Out of curiousness I went further and asked her “how much did it cost?” and she replied “eighty rupees!” I have never imagined an amount as little as eighty rupees can do this magic, and what struck my mind was this anonymous saying “Beautiful things in life don’t cost you much” and yes I felt the saying as true that moment.
This is the rose at my home!
From that day I adopted that plant and started watering it twice a day, and I somehow get a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction after watering it every time. I get curious to know if it has grown any bigger, every time I water it. I feel a sense of pride in serving this beautiful living being, it really makes sense to me even though this little plant has just got one (sense). 
In modern day flats where we live, it’s really difficult to afford to plant a tree for we lack space, but you could always buy a small flower pot and start growing a plant which you could later improvise to a little garden all this for a start up cost of just a little less than a hundred rupees.  And for all those out there, this could even mean presenting a very personal flower or a bouquet as a present or a gift to that special one and is absolutely free of cost and just full of love. Need any more reasons to buy a flower pot, better try doing it and find out for yourself!
With Roses,
Jagan

2 comments:

  1. Good job Jagan, just a small spelling mistake thou... "eight rupees" instead of eighty, where u mentioned it the 2nd time. Nice theme, simple but well expressed, as always. :) I am not reading ur blog but not making an attempt to do something abt my own !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tharu maru jegan :) nan kooda titanic rose mari oru figure irukunum partha... athoda neenga photola potta rose sems figure .. anyway keep bloggin. now i'm also planning to buy a rose :)

    ReplyDelete