Friday, August 20, 2010

Theory of irrelevancies!




Hi there, welcome to my blog, appreciate your interest in following my posts. I was just lying in my bed and these weird thoughts kept rolling over my mind. When I try to put things in to perspective I thought this whole world to be full of contradictions and irrelevancies. So let me start with my story, an Instrumentation engineer turned Software engineer, but it isn’t uncommon to find electrical, electronics, mechanical or civil engineers turning in to software engineers. The interesting fact is that there are more software engineers from other backgrounds than those pursued computer science as their major discipline.

Think over it, this isn’t just about software profession, the examples are many, many IITians going to IIMs, Doctors becoming IAS officers, Engineers becoming managers/ entrepreneurs, Scientists becoming poets, MBAs becoming cine actors, Spiritual Gurus turning Management Gurus and so on. The examples doesn’t end here it includes the people at the top as well, our honourable prime minister Mr.Manmohan Singh an Economist turned politician,  former President Mr.Abdul Kalam - a Professor turned scientist turned President, Barrack Hussain Obama - a lawyer turned politician. All this is just the tip of an iceberg, so if you are a chemical engineer and your prospects seem bleak, who knows you might turn out to be the most sort after fashion designer.

If you look at history, the most embarrassing failures were the ones who turned out to be the most successful people, take for instance Thomas Alwa Edison who invented thousand ways for failing as he says it. There are these weird happenings, you see most of the successful people like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates who struggle to go all the way to the top, get everything that they would want for generations, earn all the wealth and finally donate it to charity and involve themselves in to service. Lesson to be learnt from them is that, if you want to go to the top and earn a lot to give back to the society, better start serving with what you have now.

For all those who say we are giving back to the society from high net-worth individuals (HNI) to big corporates, “why did you take the wealth and resources from the society in the first place?” or are you going to say that they didn’t take anything from the society at all. And here comes another set of people who go to the top and show that they never care about their wealth and are very simple, if they were really that simple why don’t they write-off all their wealth to the poor like Buffet did. So what’s all this fuss about life, career, success and service, I really couldn’t understand.

Coming back to my story, how all the blogging that I do now started has much to do with this theory, I observed this weird trend of people who studied in IITs and IIMs turn out to be successful writers. I had these plans of getting in to IIMs as everyone does (underline the word “plans”), so when all these people coming out of IIMs themselves turn out to be writers why waste a valuable seat in the IIM, So I took off to writing directly. By that way I have given back an IIM seat to the society, Also I got rid of one potential competitor at least till he completes his degree. If that isn’t a reason enough to believe why I’m not in to IIM at least I believe it is a reason enough to believe why I took to writing :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice One Jagan.. Chance less reason for your IIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think jagan . This is called out of the box thinking. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gud one.. I usually wont read full blog.. unless it keeps the interest / humor.. And ur blog is gud enough to read till the end..
    Thanks for writing n keep writing.

    -Prabhu S

    ReplyDelete